Aspen View Academy does not maintain a wait list. Instead, AVA participates in the annual Douglas County School District (DCSD) online Open Enrollment process to fill K-8 openings. Parents interested in K-8 enrollment at AVA need to complete DCSD Open Enrollment for their child to be eligible for openings.
- Open Enrollment through DCSD must be completed every year -- previous years' Open Enrollment lists do not "roll forward".
- Open enrollment is only for families who wish to move their student(s) to a school that is different from their assigned neighborhood school.
- Students who are currently enrolled at Aspen View Academy do not need to complete the Open Enrollment process.
K-8 Open Enrollment opens November 1st at 8:00am and closes on December 1st at 4:00pm.
The Open Enrollment process is for NEW enrollment to AVA and current Pre-K students. This does NOT apply to current K-8 Students.
If you are looking for a spot for this school year, please contact [email protected].
How Open Enrollment Works
Open Enrollment can only be completed online through DCSD’s Open Enrollment tool during the Open Enrollment windows. Parents wishing to Open Enroll need a DCSD EngageEd Parent Portal account.
Parents who have a student enrolled in any DCSD school should already have a DCSD EnagED Parent Portal account. Parents who have forgotten their account credentials or are having trouble logging in to their Parent Portal, SHOULD NOT create a new account. This may VOID the Open Enrollment application. Parents either should contact their child’s current DCSD school for assistance or the DCSD Choice Programming office.
Parents who have never had a student enrolled at a DCSD school will need to create a DCSD EnagED Parent Portal account. (Please note: Account creation cannot be done before Open Enrollment begins. You will create your account during the Open Enrollment process.) Once created, parents will use their credentials (username and password) to access and complete Open Enrollment for their child. Parents should retain these credentials for future use.
Open Enrollment Link
The following link is active starting November 1st, 2023 @ 8:00 am.
Open Enrollment Dates
The 2023-2024 Open Enrollment window takes place in two rounds.
Round One: November 1 @ 8:00 am through December 1 @ 4:00 pm
- First round open enrollment is not first-come, first-serve; you have until December 1st 4:00 pm to complete this process.
- You may request that a confirmation email be sent to you after your request has been submitted.
- You can change your open enrollment request choices at any time until December 1st at 4:00 pm.
- Parents can log in to EngageEd on December 10th to see offer(s).
- Parents have until December 17th at 4:00 pm to accept any enrollment offers.
- If you did not receive any offers during the First Round, you will remain on the waitlist for the Second Round of Open Enrollment.
- Current AVA PreK students must complete the Open Enrollment Tool.
Round Two: January 23th @ 8:00 am – August 1st @ 4:00 pm.
- If you were put on the waitlist during the first round, you will still be on that list for the second round.
- Aspen View Academy will ONLY reach out to you when and if a spot becomes available.
- Offers during the second round will be made via the email address parents submitted during Open Enrollment. Email offers include specific deadlines that must be met to proceed with the enrollment process.
You can go to the Douglas County School District Open Enrollment webpage for more information.
Click here for step by step instructions on how to use the tool
If you have any questions, please stop by the front office or email [email protected].