- Please come into my room prepared to listen, work and have fun!
- We will be using tools in this class. Since your safety is incredibly important to me, it is essential that you follow all safety rules.
- Please ask permission to leave the classroom. My classroom is on the first floor, so you will need to use the first floor bathrooms across from the front office.
- If you pay attention in class and participate, you will not have homework.
- This class is project based, so instead of having tests, we will have short presentations at the end of each project. Yay! No tests!
- Most days, we will not need to use computers. Please be prepared to take a break from blue light and do not use any electronics unless told to do so.
- Be respectful to all students, teachers and yourself. Remember that your words have the capacity to hurt others.
Absences and make-up work:
Missing Work Policy: Specials/STEAM teachers are responsible for updating grades by Monday of each week, including marking any missing assignments. If an assignment is missing, please regard the following extension periods:
6th Grade (during first quarter only): 3 weeks
6th Grade (2nd, 3rd, and 4th quarters): 2 weeks
7th Grade: 2 weeks
8th Grade: 2 weeks
Teachers will also be responsible for emailing parents/students notifying them of missing work on a weekly basis. Please remain updated on IC and email communication. Thank you!
Period 1 (8:00 a.m-9:05 a.m): PLAN
Period 2 (9:09 a.m-9:59 a.m): 8th Grade
Period 3 (10:08 a.m-10:58 a.m): 6th Grade
Period 4 (11:02 a.m-11:52 a.m): 7th Grade
Period 5 (12:01 p.m-12:51 p.m): 6th Grade
Lunch: 12:51 p.m-1:36 p.m
Period 7 (1:41 p.m-2:36 p.m): PLAN
Period 8 (2:40 p.m-3:30 p.m): Electives
I was born and raised in Norman, Oklahoma. I started my college adventure at the University of Oklahoma and ended up finishing my degree at Metro State College of Denver after I moved to Colorado. Once I graduated, I started a family and decided to take a few years off before I began my teaching career. I had my own baking business making special occasion cakes and cupcakes. As my children got older, I started subbing here at AVA and then eventually took a teaching job in Highlands Ranch. This is the start of my third year teaching and I am so very happy to be here at AVA! I have two boys, Logan and Bryce, and a wonderful husband, Ryan. Our family loves to play board games, baseball and soccer, and I am currently teaching myself how to paint with watercolors. I live here in Castle Rock with my family and our Goldendoodle, Dexter.