Curbside Drop-Off/Pick-up Protocols
AVA will be utilizing a curbside procedure in order for parents/students to drop-off required items and to retrieve items from the classroom/school. Parents are encouraged to bring their kids with them during your assigned time so that they can see their teacher(s) and the teachers can see their students. It has been far too long without having our daily, in-person interactions with our students. All technology items will be returned at station 1 and all other items will be collected at the teacher stations.
Station 1 – Technology Items Return (will be set up in the parking lot near the pickle ball courts)
Please enter the AVA property as you normally do. The first station will be set up to receive computer devices and chargers. Technology Check In Form needs to be filled out for all students checking in AVA computers before their scheduled day.
Station 2 (there will be two stations for pick-up – one will be in the parking lot close to the music building/path to the field and the other in the front parking lot)
After dropping off technology items, please proceed to the proper station according to this schedule:
Teachers have prepared bags containing various student items which have been labeled and will be handed to you during the curbside pick-up. In order to adhere to social distancing all teachers have an assigned time for this process. Unfortunately, we cannot have students getting out of the cars as we need to eliminate any physical contact.
Things to return
Classroom items that were loaned out
Miscellaneous AVA Property you may have
Items that may be in the bag/handed back
Personal items left in classroom
- Please be patient during this process and be careful when pulling away from a station in order to exit.
- AVA staff will wear masks and gloves during this process. We will also have disinfection wipes available at each station.
- Parents and students will not be allowed into the school.
- We realize that some items may be missed and found during cleaning. We will hold those items and work with families to return them.
We are using Google Classroom as our platform for Remote Learning!
If using a tablet the Google Classroom App can make things easier , too, if needed!
Please see below for directions of how to log your student in!
Google Access Directions:
For those of you who need some help here are some steps to take:
- Go to Gmail.com
- Login using your student’s account information found in Infinite Campus
- Click on the icon found in the upper right hand corner
- Select Classroom
To download google classroom:
- Go to app store or google play and search : Google Classroom
- Select it and begin downloading
- Open it up and follow steps below….
Sign in for the first time
Open up the app:
Enter your child’s district email.
Enter your child’s password Dcsd123456 (student number) and click Next.
If there is a welcome message, read it and click Accept.
If you’re using a G Suite for Education account, click I’m A Student or I’m A Teacher.
Note: Users with personal Google Accounts won’t see this option.
Click Get Started and you should see all your students classes load to the home page.
Lessons – see Google Classroom
Helpful How To Google
Resetting DCSD access account
DCSD Password Reset
- Having issues with too many emails in your student’s inbox?
- It might be easier to work out of the Classwork Tab instead of the defaulted Stream Tab. Here you will see assignment, assignment details, due dates in a more organized view.
- Accessing student’s To Do list
Logging back into Chrome
Verify that you are not currently logged in to your Chrome account. You should see that your DCSD account is set to “Not signed in” when you click on the profile icon (the blue circle with the “S”).
To log back into your DCSD account, click on your name that is displayed above the blue circle:
Select “You and Google”:
Click “Sign on again”:
- This is a great tool to look for assignments and Google Meet invites from teachers.
Google Meets (Virtual Meetings with Teachers)
- Google Meet invitations should come from teachers and only teachers
- These invitations will show up on the students calendar. Most teachers are waiting to send the actual link for the Google Meet until a few minutes before they are to start. This eliminates any confusion with links and times.
Getting stuck with Securly web content filter?
- Make sure you are choosing the Blue option – Login with Microsoft Azure AD, when this screen pops up.
- Make sure you are using your AVA email and your computer password – not your DCSD email (example: email@example.com)
If YouTube is providing you with this error, make sure you are selecting the Open button that is displayed at the top of the window. This will open the video in a different tab and auto launch it to play. With the increase use of Wifi in our neighborhoods slowness can occur and it may take a minute or two to load the video.
We are no longer accepting remote support tickets for the 2019/2020 school year. Have a great summer!
To Submit a help ticket, click on the Remote Learning Technology Assistance button below
Remote Learning Technology Assistance